Friday 27 November 2015

I Never Praised Tinubu – Prof Wole Soyinka

I Never Praised Tinubu – Prof Wole Soyinka

I Never Praise Tinubu – Soyinka 
 
Nigerian playwright Wole Soyinka, winner of the 1986 Nobel Prize for Literature has refuted the claims that he had praised the goodness of aBola Tinubu, the ex-governor of Lagos state and leader of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).

A report making rounds in different media had cited Soyinka as admiring Tinubu’s maturity and political sacrifice for “saving Nigeria from the danger of falling into one party state”. 
 
However, Premium Times reports that famous writer in an e-mail on Thursday, November 26, distanced himself from the full report, saying he had never said what was attributed to him.
 
“It is difficult to prescribe for the sort of mind that finds itself so inadequate that it must foist its opinions on others, and with such confident sense of impunity. Kindly assist me in letting the public know that I am not in anyway connected with the publication that has just been forwarded to me,” the professor stated.
 
“I can only yet again recommend my recent “occasional” publication – The Republic of Liars – to the public as a cautionary tract, while the growing population of victims await the routine descent of the full operational wrath of Internet policing on all impudent impersonators.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment