Wednesday 8 April 2015

Oba Akiolu: Seven Popular Controversial Statements By Lagos Monarch

Oba Akiolu: Seven Popular Controversial Statements By Lagos Monarch

Obaa index




Oba Rilwanu Akiolu of Lagos has been in the news for his controversial statement against people of Igbo origin who live in Lagos.
The highly revered monarch’s statement set the social media on fire and has remained the most discussed subject across all platforms.
Not a stranger to controversy, Expressng compiles a list of some of his most controversial statements.


*”I swear in the name of Almighty Allah if any one of you goes against my wish that, Ambode insha allahu will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water. I’m not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi (Agbaje) is my blood relation and I told him that he can never be governor of Lagos for now. Future belongs to God.

* “All l can advise Ribadu to do is to be very wary of those who surround him, especially Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. All of them are enemies in friends garb…Obasanjo is dangerous”.

* “Tinubu is my relation and blood is thicker than water. It is Bola Tinubu who liberated the Yoruba race and Lagos from the devil, Obasanjo. I will never endorse any candidate Obasanjo is supporting. Let us be frank with one another. It was Obasanjo who denied Awolowo the presidency of Nigeria.”

* “For Obanikoro, l went to his aged mother and told her to warn him seriously”.

* “Recently, l told Bode George, Koro and Ogunlewe that ‘look at me o! You will never win Lagos. God will give us another APC governor”.

* “Let me tell you some­thing … if Yar’Adua had been alive for six months before he died, Obasanjo would have been in the prison yard. Because, I, Oba Akiolu, I had the op­portunity of seeing some of the things on ground,” the Lagos monarch said.

* “Any man who says he has one wife is deceiv­ing himself. All those who say they have one wife have mistresses outside. I am going to be 72 now and I cherish beautiful women and nobody can stop me. I like women and I can’t do without women are two different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment