Thursday 14 May 2015

Anonymous Fan Writes An Open Letter To Skales

Anonymous Fan Writes An Open Letter To Skales


  
Below is the letter written by a fan to Skales;
So I woke up this morning and started my day with the songs from the Skales playlist that I created on my music player, and I got the same old feeling I get every time I listened to Skales music “Bliss”. After a couple of replays I decided its time I let the world and Skales know how much a fan I am and I hope he gets to read this.
I remember the first time I was introduced to Skales music, like a picture from Michael Angelo’s work. Sitting by my radio set on a rainy afternoon, in October 2011, and the radio host starts to talk about his special guest and gives him an interesting introduction which prompted me to turn up the volume of my radio set. During this interview i had the opportunity to listen to Skales singles “Must Shine” “Heading For The Grammy” and the recent single “Mukulu”. At that point I made it a mandate to keep myself up to date on and everything about Skales. 
Over the years of following Skales and his music, he has made me smile time over time with hit songs after hit songs, beautiful performances on collaborations, killing every stage he turns up to perform at. Also over these same years I have gotten to learn lessons from the Man Of The Year him. From the time when he was called a copycat after the release of his hit single “Mukulu” to the time it seemed like he was the rejected stone of his former label. 
Skales kept pushing on, doing what he knows how to do best. At some point it seemed like Skales was getting popular from the jokes which always centred around him. This just brought back a memory of me getting into a fight after i had a joke about Skales, Yes I’m a diehard fan of Skales. 
The Man Of The Year has thought me to persevere through whatever the world throws. From the caricature artiste that he was turned into, to the man who turned around to change the story of his career. My Heart Knew joy as the story of my favourite artiste changed. First, it was your super hit song “Shake Body” which turned into a national Anthem, I couldn’t get enough of this song. Still had fans like me shaking our body to the anthem, he hit us with more hits after that. Not forgetting the 
With much anticipation for the album Man Of The Year, I expect the world to clear their playlist, save the date like I have to cop the album. Skales, you deserve every buzz and accolade the world has to offer right now. Someone made a statement the other day saying “Who Dash Am Man Of The Year” let me use this medium to clear and answer that question. He has churned out hits after hits since in less than 15months, from Shake Body, to the rap single Obi, “I am For Real”, “Je Kan Mo”, not forgetting the amazing album track teaser “Jogodo” featuring the musical Taliban himself, Oritse Femi. Don’t also forget within these 15months he has risen from the status of “caricature artiste” to a CEO in his own record Label “Ohk Entertainment”, getting a mouth watering record label offer from “Baseline”. Now tell me again why he shouldn’t be crowned the Man Of The Year abeg. It Takes a lot to get to where he is. 
Dear Skales, thank you for being such an inspiration to me and many others. I’ve enjoyed every moment I spent reading up about you and listening to your music. I’ve lived and learned with you. Found love, life and hope from your story. Raoul John Njeng-Njeng “Skales” , my Man Of The Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment