Saturday 15 August 2015

'Ooni Of Ife Didn’t Want Me To Photograph Him So I Don’t Capture His Spirit And Run Away With It' – TY Bello

'Ooni Of Ife Didn’t Want Me To Photograph Him So I Don’t Capture His Spirit And Run Away With It' – TY Bello

 
 
Singer, songwriter and photographer, TY Bello, shared the beautiful image of late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunad Sijuwade who died few days ago. 
She speaks of her encounter with the royal father and how he refused to allow her take photograph of him because he didn’t want her to capture his spirit. Read what she shared on Instagram and the amazing portrait...
OONI OF IFE: ALWAYS AROUND TOMORROW. I can't count how many times I've had a stranger stop me from making a photograph of them because.... 'They didn't want me to capture their spirit... And run away with it'.. 
The 'running away' part will make a good story for another day but I can ' sort of' see where they are coming from.... I believe in mortality.. That one day we all end our journey on this planet.. I also believe in eternity... You may not all see things exactly the same way I do.. But we can all agree .. That the images that capture our spirits will be around tomorrow.. As the Ooni of ife is laid to rest.. I took out time to look at the portraits I made of him.. It took me right back to that day when I got to serve his royal highness.. Like he was still sitting before me in that room. The opportunity will always be a blessing to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment