Saturday 15 October 2016

Buhari responds to wife's comment about 2019 elections

Buhari responds to wife's comment about 2019 elections

Buhari responds to Aisha: “She belongs to my kitchen… and the other room”
President Muhammadu Buhari, who is on a visit in Germany, responded to the news on Friday about his wife’s interview with the BBC in which she said she may not support him in 2019 for reelection if he does not shake things up.

In a response to that, President Buhari laughed off her concerns, saying, “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”

According to reports, the president’s response caused German chancellor, Angela Merkel, to give him a short glare and then laugh.

Aisha Buhari had said in the interview that appointments in the administration was being controlled by a small group of people who were giving positions to those who were not part of the president’s election efforts.

“He is yet to tell me, but I have decided as his wife that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again,” Aisha Buhari said.

Source - The Scoop

No comments:

Post a Comment