Monday 28 November 2016

AWCON: Florence Omagbemi is a very good coach – Okobi

AWCON: Florence Omagbemi is a very good coach – OkobiAWCON: Omagbemi is a very good coach – Okobi

Nigeria’s women midfielder Ngozi Okobi has described coach Florence Omagbemi as a very good coach after earning her first start in the 2016 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations against Kenya on Saturday.

The 23-year-old opened scoring in the Super Falcons’ 4-0 thrashing of the Harambee Starlets at the Limbe Omnisport Stadium to reach the semi-final after finishing Group B atop.
Okobi who has 26 international caps had played under Omagbemi while serving as assistant coach at the Japan 2012 Fifa U20 Women’s World Cup.

“This is my first start in the African Women’s Cup of Nations 2016. I’m very very happy with this opportunity and scoring too,” Okobi said.
“This is not the first time I’ve been working with coach Florence Omagbemi. I began working with her since 2012.

“She is a very good coach and very special to me. She nicknamed me skilful. She is one the coaches that saw my potential and believes I’m a very good player.
“She told me, ‘you’re special, you’re different and have what other players don’t’. Those words are still what is keeping me going right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment